Thursday, January 29, 2015

This Old Trunk

Hey there!  It seems like forever since I posted here, what with all the holidays and multiple trips to TN to check on the MIL, my blog and my business kinda went to the wayside:( 

In fact, I didn't even go into my workroom from mid December till just a few days ago.  And let me say it is good to be back!  I started the new year with a couple of really fun projects.  In fact, it was one of those trips to TN that I got the idea for this first project. 

For those of you in the DFW area I want to encourage you to go to the Cotton Bowl Trade Days held at Fair Park the third full weekend of the month. 
This is not Canton by any means, but wouldn't it be cool if it grew to that?!  I was only there a couple of hours but came home with some nice deals, including this old trunk.


I love the worn out look of the hardware on this trunk.  It is in really good shape and perfect for my first project of 2015!

 
During our last trip to TN we visited a couple of antique stores  (I need to tell you about those trips someday but that's another story all together!)  Anyway, in our desperate attempts to stay sane and to improve the economy there(!!!), we ended up shopping, wouldn't you?  It's like it was our duty, sorta.  My SIL spotted a trunk that had been mod podged and immediately fell in love.  I told her how easy it would be and when I found this trunk I knew what I would do with it! 
 I used my old 2014 calendar for the photos 


pages from an old torn up Bible and sheet music for fillers
 
 
Cutting around the hardware was the hardest part!

 and matte mod podge.  I then finished it off with antiquing mod podge to give a little age.  Turned out pretty good, don't you think?
 I tried to show all features of the calendar by using the dates, months and days of the week.
 Have you mod podged lately? This trunk can be found at The Mink Chair located inside Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique in Sanger, TX!! Check back for my next project, layering paint!




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment