Friday, September 12, 2014

Doing What I Love!

When I first started my business all I wanted to do was paint furniture!  It has always given me great pleasure to paint an item and see how it could be transformed into something beautiful.  And even more satisfying is doing that for an actual customer!  But I tell you I read a lot of blogs and have seen some real nightmare stories about unhappy customers and honestly this scares me more than a little:(

So I decided early on that I wanted to treat my customer the way I wanted to be treated.  I would be honest and upfront, attentive and easy to reach.  So far so good.  Being great with customer service is a lot easier when it is modeled for you by others that you work with.  I have found this to be the case with Websters Chalk Paint Powder.  These guys set the bar pretty high when it comes to customer service and I have truly benefitted from that many times.  ( I know they must cringe sometimes when I call or email - I am pretty high maintenance!)

So when Websters decided to feature some of my work on their blog I was thrilled.  Now mind you, they do this for ALL Websters retailers but I felt pretty special when I saw one of my projects on their site.  And in one of their videos!  If you are into painting you really should check them out on youtube for tons of tutorials and inspiration. 

They asked me to share 'my favorite piece' and I knew exactly what piece it would be.  I bought this dresser from a friend who was making room for new stuff, lucky me.  This dresser had seen better days!  The legs were all gone, trim work was hanging by a thread, and the top had been abused beyond repair.  


I had seen lots of examples on Pinterest of painting only a portion of a piece and leaving the natural wood in others so that was the plan because the drawers of this dresser were beautiful. 


I think it turned out really well.  And it SOLD!

Happy Painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment